WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List
(1) Cesaro vs. Drew Gulak (Kickoff Show)The two had a solid but short match. Gulak came out fired up and took the offense to Cesaro before throwing him twice into the ring steps. an effort to require the air was countered with an EU uppercut from Cesaro that turned the tide, eventually resulting in the finish, a no-hands airplane spin into a slam by Cesaro. Too short to be good, too well-executed to be bad. Cesaro def. Gulak via pinfall. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List
(2) Women’s Tag Team Championship — The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross. Surprisingly hard-hitting matches between the four competitors opened the show with some big spots throughout. Cross had to battle her way through a late double team that included Asuka and Kairi Sane hitting a mixture powerbomb and diving forearm before getting the tag to Bliss. From there, Bliss hit her second Twisted Bliss off the match, pinning Sane and winning the titles within the process. this is often the duo’s second time holding the titles. Bliss & Cross def. Kabuki Warriors via pinfall to win the titles. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List.
(3) King Corbin vs. Elias: Corbin has bent the ring first, demanding he is declared the winner by forfeit after his assault on Elias eight days ago. Elias made his thanks to the ring, shocking Corbin before blasting him together with his guitar. Corbin rallied to get a beating on Elias while demanding Michael Cole and JBL on commentary acknowledge how good he had been doing.
Corbin attempted to use the ropes for leverage on a late pin, getting caught by the ref within the process. As he protested, Elias scored a roll-up while holding the tights to urge the win during a match that felt a touch overlong for the combination of designs. Elias def. Corbin via pinfall. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List.
(4) Raw Women’s Championship – Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler: Lynch and Baszler placed on a match heavy with strikes and submission attempts, giving the sensation more of a fight than a match. That was for the simplest when it involves Baszler’s top attributes, as she spent much of the match taking heavy offense to the champion. Lynch was forced to repeatedly counter Baszler’s attempts to lock within the Kirifuda Clutch. within the end, it had been one among those counters that scored Lynch the victory.
Bringing back a classic finish from Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper at WrestleMania XIII, Lynch rolled backward through the hold to pin Baszler’s shoulders to the mat for the pinfall victory. Lynch came out of the match looking strong, but Baszler losing her first shot at the title has got to give some pause to anyone thinking she was a sure-fire star on the most roster. Lynch def. Baszler via pinfall to retain the title. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List
(5) Intercontinental Championship — Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan: The story of the match was almost entirely Zayn begging Drew Gulak to let him go, avoiding contact in the least costs. Bryan was eventually ready to trick Zayn into a match, which he almost entirely dominated. Zayn begged Bryan to prevent before Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro caused a distraction.
After Bryan hit Nakamura and Cesaro with a suicide dive, he visited the highest rope but was caught by a Helluva Kick from Zayn, resulting in the pinfall victory and successful title defense. The match told a wonderfully funny story in line with recent weeks of action, but there is a certain sense of disappointment that Zayn and Bryan weren’t ready to leave and placed on the match they’re capable of with their elite skills. Zayn def. Bryan via pinfall to retain the title. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List.
(6) SmackDown Tag Team Championship — John Morrison (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jimmy Uso (Ladder Match): This was the show-stealing match for Night 1. With no crowd to assist build big moments, there was a robust chance for disappointment from the bout, but all three men went at a breakneck pace within the singles match for the tag titles. The expected big bumps were on display with men being dumped from ladders, onto ladders, and to the surface.
Morrison especially hit a powerful parkour move from the highest of the ring post onto Uso, who was on an elevated ladder between the turnbuckles. The ending of the match came when all three men were holding the title rig as Uso unhooked it from the cable suspending it from the ceiling. As they battled over the belts, Morrison was knocked from the highest of the ladder, pulling the belts with him to earn the victory and retain the championships for his team. Morrison def. Kingston and Uso to retain the titles.
(7) 24/7 Championship: As Rob Gronkowski and Mojo Rawley were celebrating atop the perch midway through the show, R-Truth hopped into the frame. Gronk tried to punch and pin Truth, but Rawley achieved the previous Patriots star and got. Rawley def. R-Truth and Gronkowski to win the title. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List.
(8) Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins: Rollins took over the first a part of the match with an inexpensive shot before the 2 battled back and forth with plenty of counters and reversals that might have excited the gang if one was attending. Rollins, trying to find the straightforward answer, used the ring bell to hit Owens, leading the referee to call the match off and award Owens the win via disqualification. Owens then called Rollins out, saying he didn’t get to finish things so easily and demanding they continue without disqualifications.
Rollins agreed, returning to continue the attack on Owens, taunting, “You said you wanted your WrestleMania moment?!” Owens eventually used an equivalent ring bell to require over the match before diving from the WrestleMania sign and driving Rollins through the announce table with a senton. then, it only took Owens a flash to tug Rollins to the ring, hit a stunner and devour the victory. the shortage of a crowd added a touch to the present match with both men constantly trash-talking one another and it adding a nastiness to the bout it’s going to have missed otherwise. Owens def. Rollins via pinfall. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List
(9) Universal Championship — Goldberg (c) vs. Braun Strowman: A quick match, as was expected, and one that considerably could have used a crowd reaction. Goldberg hit four spears, but his attempt at a Jackhammer on the large man was countered into a power slam. Strowman would hit three more powerslams before scoring the pin to become a universal champion during a very flat sprint. Strowman def. Goldberg via pinfall to win the title.
(10) The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles (Boneyard Match): This was, as anticipated, a WWE “cinematic experience.” An elaborate hearse entrance at the cemetery was a swerve with Styles being revealed as during a coffin within the back. Undertaker arrived for the “match” on a motorbike with Metallica playing over the video. The match became a brawl that ranged from the graveyard to a barn to the barn’s rooftop with Taker battling Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows — also as hooded “druids.” At one point, Styles had Taker in an open grave before Taker somehow materialized behind him.
From that time, it had been all Undertaker, as he brutalized Styles before throwing him off the barn roof. Styles attempted to apologize and begged Taker to not bury him. Taker said he wouldn’t due to the fight Styles had put up, before kicking him into the grave and employing a tractor to fill the grave, winning WWE’s first boneyard match. The experience was campy, corny and somehow incredibly entertaining. it had been not a match in any kind of traditional sense, but it had been also done as anything involving Undertaker can possibly be in 2020 and on entertainment alone, it had been a hit. Undertaker def. Styles via burial. WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List
- WWE WrestleMania 36 Kickoff Show Result List
- WWE WrestleMania 36 Result
- WWE WrestleMania 36 all result lists